1. Should Safety Education be a compulsory subject in the school curriculum?
2. Being a young person, how do you practice the policy of honesty?
3. What’s your view on “donation”?
4. Do you believe in the power of smiling?
5. Who’s the greatest person in your life? Tell us about him/her.
6. Talk about the most helpful classmate in your eyes.
7. What is the happiest moment you have ever had?
8. How do you understand the importance of sharing in our life?
9. Please talk about the importance of establishing good relationships with people around us.
10. How do you understand the sentence “Be happy with what you have”?
11. Stress can be felt everywhere. What’s your suggestions for reducing it?
12. How do you understand the importance of keeping optimistic?
13. Some people say self-confidence is the most important element of success. What do you think?
14. Different people have different learning styles. Please explain your learning style to us.
15. Do you think schooling can improve one’s personal qualities?
16. Does your school have any motto? Please tell us your understanding of it.
17. Do you think students should evaluate teacher’s performance? How?
18. How do you understand the phrase “lifelong learning”?
19. If you were the English teacher of your class, how would you motivate the whole class to improve their English?
20. How do you understand the saying “ Practice makes perfect”?
21. If you fail an exam, what would you do?
22. What do you plan to study when you go to university? Why?
23. If you are going to university, do you prefer a good university or a good major? Why?
24. Some people say boys should learn to take care of girls. What’s your opinion?
25. What will you do if you are misunderstood by your teachers or classmates?
26. What would you do when your parents don’t agree with you on certain things?
27. Will you tell your secrets to your parents? Why (not)?
28. How do you understand the sentence “You are what you eat”?
29. How do you understand the sentence “Seeing is believing”?
30. Have you ever had trouble sleeping at night? What do you do when you can’t fall asleep?
31. In what ways can you improve your physical fitness?
32. What team sport, if any, do you enjoy playing? Why?
33. What benefits might you get from playing a team sport?
34. Why do we need physical exercises in our life?
35. Do you think senior high school students should do part-time jobs during the holidays?
36. Why is a healthy lifestyle important for young people?
37. As a student, what can you do to protect our environment?
38. Have you ever felt depressed? What did you do to stop feeling that way?
39. Do you know anything about “low-carbon life”? How do you practice your “low-carbon life”?
40. If you have a chance to travel abroad, which country will you choose? Why?
41. What kind of people would you like to travel with? Why?
42. Imagine yourself a mayor of your city, what do you want to change about your city?
43. Why do people like traveling? List three of the major reasons, please.
44. What are you most interested in when you visit a city for the first time? Why?
45. What would you do to prepare for a trip to another country?
46. Which part of China would you like to visit most? Why?
47. Do you think it is a good idea to shoot modern TV dramas based on classical Chinese literature works? Why (not)?
48. Do exams do harm to students? Why (not)?
49. Have you ever had any pets? Why do you think some people keep pets?
50. Will competition between good friends threaten friendship? Why (not)?
51. Do you like to compete with others? Why (not)?
52. What is the most popular pastime among young people nowadays? Tell us something about it.
53. Imagine you have reached the age of retirement, what would your life be like?
54. Have you ever daydreamed about the future school? What would it be like?
55. How do you budget your time on weekends?
56. Do you think it is necessary for high schools to offer Survival Training classes (生存训练课)? Why (not)?
57. Do you think advertising actually works? Explain your answers, please.
58. Have you ever been in a dangerous or an unusual situation? What happened?
59. Do you have any experience that you successfully overcome your weakness? Please tell us about it.
60. Do you have any experience of shopping online? What do you think about it?
61. Do you think that grades are the true reflection of one’s ability? Why (not)?
62. What do you think of splitting the bill (going Dutch) among friends when you eat out?
63. Do you agree that “Money makes the mare go”?
64. Do you think fireworks should be banned in cities all the time? Why (not)?
65. How do you understand the saying “Efforts would be paid off”?